Dead PSU student had pot, synthetic LSD in system
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - January 22, 2014 (WPVI) -- A coroner says a Penn State University student had marijuana and synthetic LSD in his system when he fell from an apartment balcony in downtown State College in November.
State College police were continuing to investigate the source of the drugs found in the system of 20-year-old Conor MacMannis, of Stafford, Va.
The Centre County coroner's office announced the toxicology results on Tuesday.
Police say several others in the ninth-story apartment with MacMannis that night were treated at Mount Nittany Medical Center for overdoses, with some suffering from hallucinations, extreme paranoia and aggression, which caused them to fight with responding officers.
A police search warrant quotes a witness as saying MacMannis had been drinking alcohol and using the drugs and acting violently and strangely before he fell.
He died of head injuries.
pennsylvania news, pennsylvania state university, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 26 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 8 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 11 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 22 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 10 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
26 min ago