Lehigh Co. man held for trial in death of estranged wife
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - January 22, 2014 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania man charged with fatally shooting his estranged wife in front of their three children has been ordered held for trial.
Thirty-seven-year-old Win Min Htut of Bethlehem was in court for a preliminary hearing Wednesday in Lehigh County on criminal homicide and related charges in the Dec. 17 death of 37-year-old Thida Nyint.
The Express-Times said the defendant was crying in court and kissing a photo of an unidentified woman that he had with his paperwork.
Police said the couple's 16-year-old daughter called 911 and said her parents argued in the home before going outside, where the woman was shot. Prosecutors said their 10-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter also witnessed the shooting.
The slaying occurred the same day a protection-from-abuse order was approved against Htut.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
pennsylvania news, bethlehem news, murder, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 39 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del.... 39 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape