NJ Transit train, vehicle collide in Camden, NJ
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 22, 2014 (WPVI) -- First responders were on the scene after a New Jersey Transit (NJT) light rail train collided with a vehicle in Camden.
It happened at 10:35 a.m. Wednesday on Haddon Avenue.
An NJT spokesperson tells Action News the northbound train was headed back to a storage yard. It was not carrying passengers when the accident happened.
The train operator was not injured.
The driver of the passenger vehicle was being evaluated for neck and back pain.
Service was suspended between the Walter Rand Transportation Center and the 36th Street stops for about 15 minutes.
The cause of the collision is under investigation.
new jersey news, accident, camden news, new jersey transit, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos