Traffic accident leads to power outage in Salem County, NJ
PENNSVILLE, N.J. - January 23, 2014 (WPVI) -- A traffic accident knocked out electricity to thousands of customers in Salem County Thursday in the midst of bitterly cold temperatures.
The crash happened at 6:30 a.m. on South Broadway near Freas Road in Pennsville.
An Atlantic City Electric spokesman told Action News a vehicle struck a utility pole, causing a power outage in the area.
There were no other details available about the crash.
Approximately 3700 customers were affected by the power outage, including the Penn Beach Elementary School on Kansas Road.
Utility crews were dispatched to the scene. Images from Chopper 6 HD overhead showed repair work underway.
Atlantic City Electric says power was restored by 11:00 a.m. Thursday to the school and all but 40 other customers.
new jersey news, accident, power outage, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 58 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 4 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
58 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos