Incident at SW Phila. elementary school under investigation
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 23, 2014 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia School District tells Action News it is investigating a complaint of inappropriate conduct between a 1st grade student and a 4th grader.
The incident was reported Thursday by a family member of a student at the Morton Elementary School, located in the 6300 block of Elmwood Avenue in Southwest Philadelphia.
The family of a 6-year-old girl at Morton Elementary reported the incident Thursday.
They say the school has a policy of older students escorting younger ones to the bathroom, and that's when the attack happened.
"What she was doing was beating her with a belt, put her head in the toilet, and was trying to bully her into doing whatever she wanted her to do. This is weird, it's embarrassing and it is just not right," said Michele Finney, grandmother.
The school district says they are working with the Philadelphia Police Department to conduct a full investigation into the incident.
southwest philadelphia news, philadelphia news, school, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police