Incident at SW Phila. elementary school under investigation
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 23, 2014 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia School District tells Action News it is investigating a complaint of inappropriate conduct between a 1st grade student and a 4th grader.
The incident was reported Thursday by a family member of a student at the Morton Elementary School, located in the 6300 block of Elmwood Avenue in Southwest Philadelphia.
The family of a 6-year-old girl at Morton Elementary reported the incident Thursday.
They say the school has a policy of older students escorting younger ones to the bathroom, and that's when the attack happened.
"What she was doing was beating her with a belt, put her head in the toilet, and was trying to bully her into doing whatever she wanted her to do. This is weird, it's embarrassing and it is just not right," said Michele Finney, grandmother.
The school district says they are working with the Philadelphia Police Department to conduct a full investigation into the incident.
southwest philadelphia news, philadelphia news, school, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police