Flames spread through twin homes in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 24, 2014 (WPVI) -- Firefighters braved the cold to battle a house fire in Southwest Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 1:30 a.m. in twin homes located on the 7000 block Upland Street.
Crews arrived to heavy flames showing on the second floor of one house that quickly spread to the second.
The homes were evacuated as the fast-moving fire spread to the upper floors and roof area.
So far, there are no injuries reported or word on what sparked the blaze.
fire, southwest philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 2 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
19 min ago