$50K reward posted in Post Office, bank robberies
SPRINGFIELD, Pa. - January 24, 2014 (WPVI) -- Postal inspectors are offering up to $50,000 for information leading to the arrest of the man who robbed two banks and attempted to rob two post offices in Delaware County.
Police say the robber is possibly wearing a distinctive rubber mask, one that resembles bumbling Police Inspector Clouseau from the 'Pink Panther' series.
It was approximately 10:40 a.m. Wednesday when the suspect entered the US Post Office located at 707 Church Lane in Yeadon. He allegedly presented a demand note to an employee, but fled after failing to obtain anything in the robbery.
Then at approximately 11:00 a.m. the same day, a clerk observed the suspect in the lobby of the US Post Office located at 801 Main Street in Darby. The man remained in the office for a brief time before leaving.
The suspect returned at approximately 11:55 a.m., this time announcing a robbery while displaying a silver handgun and a demand note. However, he failed to obtain anything in this robbery attempt as well.
"The individual, who appears to be the same individual on surveillance video, shows up to Wells Fargo Bank in Springfield," said Reginald Wade, U.S. Postal Inspector.
On Thursday morning, authorities say he produced a demand note at the Wells Fargo Bank on Baltimore Pike in Springfield, Delaware County and got away with money.
Then at 12:30 p.m. there was another robbery at the M&T Bank on Limestone Road in Wilmington, Delaware. The suspect once again got away with money.
The suspect is described as being 5'8 to 5'10 in height and about 160 to 170 pounds. His complexion was described as being waxy, possibly from a skin problem of burns. Authorities say it appeared he was wearing cover up makeup or a mask. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt hoodie, a dark ski hat, dark scarf and gloves, and women's sunglasses.
"Can't quite tell if he's wearing a mask or if he has problems with his skin," said Wade.
Anyone with information about the identity or whereabouts of the suspect is urged to contact the US Postal Inspection Service at 1-877-876-2455.
delaware county news, delaware news, pennsylvania news, bank robbery, robbery, u.s. postal service, wells fargo, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ