Pennsylvania snow cancels games, flights; speeds reduced
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Janaury 25, 2014 (WPVI) -- A storm that's blanketing much of Pennsylvania with snow has caused airline delays, sports cancelations and speed restrictions on at least one highway.
The Pittsburgh area had gotten about two to four inches of snow by Saturday afternoon. Philadelphia and its suburbs are expected to get about the same amount.
Dozens of flights have been canceled or delayed at Philadelphia International Airport, according to FlightAware.com.
High school basketball games and wrestling meets were postponed in the Erie region as well as the Lehigh Valley.
State transportation officials reduced the speed limit to 45 mph on Interstate 80 in Mercer, Venango, Clarion and Jefferson counties due to ice and snow.
snow, philadelphia news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 55 min ago
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 9 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ