Pennsylvania snow cancels games, flights; speeds reduced
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Janaury 25, 2014 (WPVI) -- A storm that's blanketing much of Pennsylvania with snow has caused airline delays, sports cancelations and speed restrictions on at least one highway.
The Pittsburgh area had gotten about two to four inches of snow by Saturday afternoon. Philadelphia and its suburbs are expected to get about the same amount.
Dozens of flights have been canceled or delayed at Philadelphia International Airport, according to FlightAware.com.
High school basketball games and wrestling meets were postponed in the Erie region as well as the Lehigh Valley.
State transportation officials reduced the speed limit to 45 mph on Interstate 80 in Mercer, Venango, Clarion and Jefferson counties due to ice and snow.
snow, philadelphia news, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 24 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 21 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 1 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
21 min ago