Heat problems lead to another late arrival at Chester High School
CHESTER, Pa. - January 27, 2014 (WPVI) -- For the second day in a row, there will be a two hour delay for students at Chester High School - all due to heat problems.
School officials made the call because of problems with heating in the building.
Officials say the extreme weather is taking a toll on the school's old system.
Chester School District says experts inspected the heating system over the weekend and found that erosion of some kind is the probable cause.
The school's 1,300 students should report to class at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday instead of the regular start time. Students also had a two hour delay on Monday.
Just last week, students were dismissed early after the school's principal first noticed the heat problems in parts of the building.
school, pennsylvania news, delaware county news, chester news, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos