Animal remains found in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 27, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say animal remains were found near a hospital in Northeast Philadelphia.
The discovery was made around 6:00 Monday night near Nazareth Hospital on the 2600 block of Holme Avenue.
A man who was walking his dog reported the find.
Officers were called to the scene and cadaver dogs were brought in.
Investigators later determined the bones to be that of an animal.
philadelphia news, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 11 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 46 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 43 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 22 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
19 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
11 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
46 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
10 min ago