Driver killed when car hits trash truck in Media
MEDIA, Pa. - January 28, 2014 (WPVI) -- The driver of a car was killed after the vehicle slammed into the back of a trash truck in Media, Pa. on Tuesday morning.
The crash happened just before 7:20 a.m. in the unit block of South Providence Road.
According to police, the car hit the trash truck as it was stopped for a red light at the intersection of East State Street.
Police say the driver of the car did not hit the brakes before the crash. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say the cause of the crash is still unknown.
No one else was in the car at the time.
The driver of the trash truck was not hurt, but a passenger was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The name of the person killed has not been released.
pennsylvania news, accident, delaware county news, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 24 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire