$7,500 reward posted in South Jersey store robberies
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 28, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Camden and Burlington Counties are asking for the public's help in their search for the suspects in a string of violent convenience store robberies.
Investigators believe a group of men are responsible for at least eight armed robberies in South Jersey from December 10 to this week. Some of the robberies were committed by one man, others by as many as three men, but police believe they are all connected due to similar types of clothing worn by the suspects.
The holdups have occurred in the communities of Delanco, Pennsauken, Maple Shade, Mount Laurel and Hainesport.
In one of the robberies a store clerk was shot and severely injured, leading 7-Eleven to post a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the people responsible for the shooting.
In addition to the 7-Eleven reward, the Camden County Prosecutor's Office is offering $2,500 for information, bringing the reward total to $7,500.
The suspects are described as black and white or Hispanic. The robbers wear masks and hoods in all the incidents, making identification difficult.
Police released the following details pertaining to the robberies they believe are connected:
12/10/13, 3:18 a.m.
801 Burlington Ave., Delanco
2 male suspects, possibly Black
1/10/14, 12:43 a.m.
6001 Westfield Ave., Pennsauken
3 male suspects, possibly Hispanic
1/14/14, 10:30 p.m.
3071 Rt. 73 South, Maple Shade
2 male suspects, White or Hispanic
1/16/14, 1:20 a.m.
1155 N. Rt. 73, Mt. Laurel
1/16/14, 1:32 a.m.
3163 Marne Hwy., Mt. Laurel
1 White male
1/19/14, 10:06 p.m.
2403 Marne Hwy., Hainesport
1 Black male, 1 White male
1/21/14, 5:17 p.m.
Rt. 73 South, Maple Shade
1/21/14, 7:33 p.m. (attempt)
Rt. 130 N and Willow Dr., Cinnaminson
2 Black males
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Camden County Prosecutor's Office at (856) 225-8569 or Pennsauken Police at (856) 488-0080.
burlington county news, camden county news, new jersey news, robbery, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 52 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 10 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 50 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 35 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!