2 more suspects named in Reading homeless man beating
READING, Pa. - January 28, 2014 (WPVI) -- A third suspect sought by police in the repeated beating of a homeless man has turned herself in.
Reading police say 25-year-old Irich Colon turned herself in Monday in the Jan. 11 beating, which was caught on surveillance video. Authorities are seeking a fourth suspect, identified as 23-year-old Floyd Patterson of Reading.
The laundromat owner told police the homeless man was permitted inside on bitterly cold nights. The man was sleeping when four people from a nearby bar came in and beat him.
Surveillance video shows the group returning four more times, each time kicking and punching the motionless man as he lay on the floor. He was hospitalized for several days.
The day after the assault, police arrested 26-year-old Keith Allison and 21-year-old Ana Ferrer-Reyes of Reading.
pennsylvania news, assault, reading news, berks county news, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police