Delaware man charged in girlfriend's 2010 murder
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - January 28, 2014 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police say a man has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge in the death of his girlfriend in 2010.
Police arrested 58-year-old Frank Davenport of Millsboro after a grand jury returned the indictment Monday. He is being held without bail.
Officers say on Jan. 16, 2010, Davenport called 911 and said his girlfriend, 54-year-old Holly Wilson, had shot herself. Paramedics took Wilson to a local hospital, where police say she died from a gunshot wound to the head.
Police say officers continued to investigate the incident, and the Medical Examiner's Office ruled Wilson's death a homicide.
delaware news, new castle county news, wilmington news, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 8 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos