Chinese food deliveryman shot, robbed in Oxford Circle
OXFORD CIRCLE - January 28, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for three men who lured a deliveryman to a vacant house in Oxford Circle then shot and robbed him.
It happened around 7:30 Tuesday night on the 6200 block of Kindred Street.
The deliveryman's car still had its flashers on when police arrived on the scene.
Officers found the victim, a man in his 60s, with a gunshot wound to the chest, pleading for help.
He was able to tell police that he arrived to make a delivery.
The location turned out to be a vacant home where three men, one armed with a shotgun, were waiting for him.
"We believe this property was a location to lure a Chinese store deliveryman. That's where they committed this robbery and for some reason shot this individual," said Chief Inspector Scott Small, Philadelphia Police.
Police say the victim works for Panda Chinese takeout restaurant on the 6700 block of Bustleton Avenue.
A neighboring businessman was stunned to hear what happened.
"He's my neighbor. He's a great neighbor. We worked for 15 years here, he's a great neighbor. We've never had a problem with him, he's a beautiful guy. You surprised me with this news," said Mundher Raja.
Meanwhile the deliveryman was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition. No word on his condition.
philadelphia news, oxford circle news, shooting, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 4 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
4 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
4 min ago