Police probe fatal crash involving tractor trailer
MILFORD, Del. (AP) - January 29, 2014 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a fatal crash that involved a tractor trailer loaded with chickens near Milford.
Police say a malfunction caused the wheels on the trailer to lock up on Tuesday night, blocking Delaware Route 1 at New Wharf Road. As the driver tried to drag the trailer out of the road, a northbound Honda CRX hit the trailer.
Police say the driver of the Honda, 32-year-old Jason Johnson of Frederica, was pronounced dead at the scene. His 9-year-old step-daughter was taken to an area hospital. Police say she is in serious, but stable condition.
The tractor trailer driver was not injured.
accident, delaware news, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 49 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 42 min ago
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos