Mystery woman shot dead in Olney; identity unknown
OLNEY - January 29, 2014 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are working to identify a woman shot dead in Olney.
Police tell Action News medics were called to the Olney Recreation Center in the 100 block of East Champlost Street at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.
They found a woman lying on the ground outside the facility. She had been shot once in the head.
Medics called police and pronounced her dead at the scene.
Police say the victim had no identification on her.
They are working to find out who she is, and they are studying surveillance video for clues to the murder.
So far there have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, homicide, olney news, local/state
- Fmr. Chester Co. teacher faces child porn charges 20 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 11 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 36 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 25 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
36 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos