Mystery woman shot dead in Olney; identity unknown
OLNEY - January 29, 2014 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are working to identify a woman shot dead in Olney.
Police tell Action News medics were called to the Olney Recreation Center in the 100 block of East Champlost Street at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.
They found a woman lying on the ground outside the facility. She had been shot once in the head.
Medics called police and pronounced her dead at the scene.
Police say the victim had no identification on her.
They are working to find out who she is, and they are studying surveillance video for clues to the murder.
So far there have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, homicide, olney news, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run