2 Berks County men charged in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl
ALLENTOWN - January 30, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two Berks County men are being held on a million dollars bail for the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl.
Police say the crime began on Facebook.
Prosecutors say 20-year-old Gaspar Perez and 22-year-old Randy Hernandez befriended the victim on social media.
Shortly after they met, police say, the pair brought her to Reading, supplied her with marijuana, and then assaulted her.
Authorities are using this case as a reminder for parents to monitor their children's online activities.
pennsylvania news, sex assault, rape, berks county news, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 5 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 58 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 3 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
58 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos