2 Berks County men charged in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl
ALLENTOWN - January 30, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two Berks County men are being held on a million dollars bail for the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl.
Police say the crime began on Facebook.
Prosecutors say 20-year-old Gaspar Perez and 22-year-old Randy Hernandez befriended the victim on social media.
Shortly after they met, police say, the pair brought her to Reading, supplied her with marijuana, and then assaulted her.
Authorities are using this case as a reminder for parents to monitor their children's online activities.
pennsylvania news, sex assault, rape, berks county news, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 9 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids