2 Berks County men charged in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl
ALLENTOWN - January 30, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two Berks County men are being held on a million dollars bail for the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl.
Police say the crime began on Facebook.
Prosecutors say 20-year-old Gaspar Perez and 22-year-old Randy Hernandez befriended the victim on social media.
Shortly after they met, police say, the pair brought her to Reading, supplied her with marijuana, and then assaulted her.
Authorities are using this case as a reminder for parents to monitor their children's online activities.
pennsylvania news, sex assault, rape, berks county news, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 58 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 57 min ago