Seizure leads to school bus crash in Glen Mills
GLEN MILLS, Pa. - January 31, 2014 (WPVI) -- A school bus accident has left one person injured in Glen Mills, Delaware County.
It happened before 9:00 a.m. Friday near the intersection of Gradyville Road and Antler Drive.
Authorities say the driver had a seizure, lost control of the bus and hit a pole.
Images from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed a Marple Newtown School District mini-bus with extensive front end damage and two police officers on the scene.
There were student on the bus at the time of the crash, however they told authorities they were uninjured.
The driver, identified as 52-year-old Richard Standen of Broomall, was taken to Paoli Hospital.
pennsylvania news, accident, school bus, delaware county news, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 32 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 9 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
9 min ago