Seizure leads to school bus crash in Glen Mills
GLEN MILLS, Pa. - January 31, 2014 (WPVI) -- A school bus accident has left one person injured in Glen Mills, Delaware County.
It happened before 9:00 a.m. Friday near the intersection of Gradyville Road and Antler Drive.
Authorities say the driver had a seizure, lost control of the bus and hit a pole.
Images from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed a Marple Newtown School District mini-bus with extensive front end damage and two police officers on the scene.
There were student on the bus at the time of the crash, however they told authorities they were uninjured.
The driver, identified as 52-year-old Richard Standen of Broomall, was taken to Paoli Hospital.
pennsylvania news, accident, school bus, delaware county news, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1