Smoke reported inside plane at Philadelphia International Airport
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 1, 2014 (WPVI) -- Fire crews are investigating smoke reported inside the cockpit of a plane at Philadelphia International Airport.
Airport spokeswoman Vikki Lupica tells Action News that a Delta Plane had just left the gate and was taxiing when smoke was reported inside the plane.
Once fire dept arrived on scene, the smoke had dissipated and the smoke alert was quickly secured.
The plane was brought back to the gate where all passengers were brought off the plane.
Medics evaluated all passengers as a precaution. So far, there is no word of any injuries.
The plane was departing Philadelphia headed to Raleigh Durham. The flight will be rescheduled.
Still no word on the source of the smoke.
philadelphia international airport, philadelphia news, travel, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 42 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 58 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
59 min ago