1 dead, 1 injured in Chester shooting
CHESTER, Pa. - February 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- A man is dead and another hospitalized following a shooting in Chester.
Chester police officers were called around 10:45 p.m. Saturday to the 500 block of Highland Avenue for a shooting.
Upon arrival, police discovered a 38-year-old male suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the head, neck and chest.
Paramedics transported the victim to Crozer Chester Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
This victim's name is being withheld until additional family members can be notified.
A second male, age 23, also struck by the gunfire was taken to Crozer Chester by private vehicle with chest and wounds to his left arm.
Chester and County detectives responded to assist in the investigation.
Anyone with information can contact Chester Police Detective Patrick Mullen at (610) 447-7813 or CID Detective Edward Kazlo (610) 891-4710.
pennsylvania news, chester news, delaware county news, shooting, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 14 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
48 min ago