1 killed in Kingsessing double shooting
KINGSESSING - February 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for those responsible for a double shooting in the Kingsessing section of Philadelphia.
The shooting occurred around 3:20 a.m. Sunday on the 1200 block of South 57th Street.
Police say a 22-year-old male suffered a gunshot wound to the head and multiple wounds to the back.
He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania by police where he was pronounced dead.
Police have identified him as Pierce Johnson from Berlin, New Jersey.
A second shooting victim was located on the 5700 block of Hoffman Street suffering from gunshot wounds to the face and chest.
He was also transported to Penn in critical condition.
The City of Philadelphia is offering $20,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the suspects responsible for any homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, kingsessing, shooting, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos