Philadelphia public and Archdiocesan schools closed Monday due to expected snow
PHILADELPHIA - February 3, 2014 (WPVI) -- Expected snowfall prompted officials to close all Philadelphia public and Archdiocesan schools on Monday.
Word of the decision on the public schools came just before 4:30 a.m. Monday. The Archdiocese's announcement followed a short time later.
The Philadelphia School District issued the following statement:
Due to the severe weather forecast, all School District of Philadelphia schools are closed for Monday, February 3. Also closed are all early childhood and after school programs. Administrative offices are open.
The statement said updates will be posted at the district's website at www.philasd.org and on the district's Information Hotline at 215-400-INFO (4636).
philadelphia news, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 5 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 25 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 18 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 20 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
16 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
5 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
20 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
25 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos