Prosecutor: Camden street beating victim dies
CAMDEN, N.J. - February 3, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a southern New Jersey man has died from injuries he received in a brutal beating last month.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk says 32-year-old Rasheen Kelly of Camden is charged with murder in the death of 45-year-old Confessor Santiago.
Santiago was attacked Jan. 19 in the 2100 block of Sewell Street in Camden.
Authorities say witnesses reported that Santiago was on the ground when Kelly hit him with an object. He then allegedly picked up Santiago and body-slammed him into the street. Santiago's head hit the curb and he was knocked unconscious.
Santiago was hospitalized after the attack and died from his injuries on Wednesday. An autopsy determined that he died from blunt force trauma to the head and neck.
camden county news, camden news, new jersey news, beating, murder, homicide, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos