PGW: Source of South Philadelphia gas leak found
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 4, 2014 (WPVI) -- PGW said it has found the source of a gas leak that led to evacuations in South Philadelphia on Tuesday.
The Philadelphia Fire Department and PGW were called to the 2500 block of South Mole Street around 11 a.m.
PGW said workers found a leak in a 4-inch gas main.
People in four homes were ordered to evacuated, while people in as many as four other homes chose to voluntarily evacuate.
PECO has turned off power to the block while repairs were made.
No injuries have been reported.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, gas leak, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower