See the latest power outage numbers
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- PECO says there are now fewer than 300,000 customers without power. That's less than half of Wednesday's peak of more than 700,000.
As of Friday afternoon, PECO was reporting approximately 270,174 customers were without electricity.
Most of those outages were reported in Bucks, Chester and Montgomery counties.
PECO said 715,000 customers were without power at the peak of the outages on Wednesday.
That is the second most in company history, second only to the outages during Hurricane Sandy, and the most for a winter storm.
For comparison, PECO said they had 850,000 customers without power during Hurricane Sandy.
PPL was reporting about 5,721 customers without power Friday morning, the vast majority of those in Lancaster County.
PSE&G was reporting less than 200 power outages Friday morning.
And Delmarva Power was reporting only a handful of customers still in the dark, mostly in New Castle County.
philadelphia news, pennsylvania news, new jersey news, power outage, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 50 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 51 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 54 min ago
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 10 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
53 min ago