See the latest power outage numbers
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- PECO says there are now fewer than 300,000 customers without power. That's less than half of Wednesday's peak of more than 700,000.
As of Friday afternoon, PECO was reporting approximately 270,174 customers were without electricity.
Most of those outages were reported in Bucks, Chester and Montgomery counties.
PECO said 715,000 customers were without power at the peak of the outages on Wednesday.
That is the second most in company history, second only to the outages during Hurricane Sandy, and the most for a winter storm.
For comparison, PECO said they had 850,000 customers without power during Hurricane Sandy.
PPL was reporting about 5,721 customers without power Friday morning, the vast majority of those in Lancaster County.
PSE&G was reporting less than 200 power outages Friday morning.
And Delmarva Power was reporting only a handful of customers still in the dark, mostly in New Castle County.
philadelphia news, pennsylvania news, new jersey news, power outage, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 55 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 27 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 11 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 27 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 1 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 51 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
1 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
51 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos