Power restored at Villanova Univ.; classes to resume Monday
VILLANOVA, Pa. - February 6, 2014 (WPVI) -- Villanova University announced Thursday that electricity and heat have been restored to Main Campus, West Campus, and the Athletics Complex.
Classes will resume on Monday, February 10th. Friday night's basketball game against Seton Hall will be played as scheduled.
The announcement comes after Wednesday's decision to cancel classes for the rest of the week due to a campus-wide power and heat outage.
At the time the university said a timeframe on repairs could not be determined, so in an abundance of caution the university closed so that students, with no heat in the on-campus residence halls, could return home.
The university says campus buildings are equipped with emergency generators that provide lighting and operate building fire alarm systems in the event of an outage.
During the outage, an emergency generator was installed in Dougherty Hall, which provided heat to the building and helped in providing hot meals, water, and enabling students to charge their mobile devices.
montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, power outage, villanova university, college, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 23 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
5 min ago