Woman injured in Holmesburg home invasion
PHILADELPHIA - February 5, 2014 (WPVI) -- A 56-year-old woman was injured during a push-in home invasion in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia Wednesday night.
Police say the woman answer a knock on her door on the 800 block of Moro Avenue around 7:00 p.m. when a man with butcher knife forced his way inside and knocked her to the floor.
The suspect went through her purse and stole an undetermined amount of cash before fleeing the home on foot.
The woman was rushed to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division where she is listed in stable condition.
Her 61-year-old husband was at home at the time but was uninjured.
Police do not believe the couple was targeted.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police.
home invasion, philadelphia news, holmesburg news, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases