Homeless man beaten in Reading laundromat dies
READING, Pa. - February 6, 2014 (WPVI) -- A homeless man who was repeatedly attacked as he sheltered himself from the cold inside a laundromat in Reading last month has been found dead a week after being released from the hospital.
The man again sought to get warm and dry off Tuesday inside another business. When the business owner checked on him 45 minutes later, he found the man unresponsive and called 911.
The homeless man was pronounced dead at a hospital. His name has not been released.
An autopsy was being conducted to determine whether his death was caused in any way by the injuries he suffered in the Jan. 12 attack, which was caught on surveillance video.
Three people have been arrested and charged in the case. A fourth suspect is still being sought.
pennsylvania news, assault, reading news, berks county news, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 16 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 11 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp. 56 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 4 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 20 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
51 min ago