2 children from Lancaster Co. Amber Alert found safe; 2 suspects in custody
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities have filed charges against the father and grandfather of two Lancaster children who were found safe nearly 12 hours after allegedly being abducted at gunpoint by the suspects.
Pennsylvania State Police said 23-year-old Eddie John Ahorrio-Martinez Jr. and 47-year-old Eddie Ahorrio-Saavedra Sr. took the younger man's 3- and 4-year-old children Thursday from a home in Columbia, Lancaster County.
Police allege the son pointed a gun at his estranged wife, her boyfriend and his 15-year-old sister and the father struck the boyfriend in the head with a pipe wrench.
A state trooper spotted their car Friday near Philadelphia and both suspects were arrested. Both men were charged with counts including kidnapping, robbery and aggravated assault.
The children were unharmed in the back seat and have been reunited with their mother.
pennsylvania news, lancaster county news, amber alert, abduction, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies