2 children from Lancaster Co. Amber Alert found safe; 2 suspects in custody
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Authorities have filed charges against the father and grandfather of two Lancaster children who were found safe nearly 12 hours after allegedly being abducted at gunpoint by the suspects.
Pennsylvania State Police said 23-year-old Eddie John Ahorrio-Martinez Jr. and 47-year-old Eddie Ahorrio-Saavedra Sr. took the younger man's 3- and 4-year-old children Thursday from a home in Columbia, Lancaster County.
Police allege the son pointed a gun at his estranged wife, her boyfriend and his 15-year-old sister and the father struck the boyfriend in the head with a pipe wrench.
A state trooper spotted their car Friday near Philadelphia and both suspects were arrested. Both men were charged with counts including kidnapping, robbery and aggravated assault.
The children were unharmed in the back seat and have been reunited with their mother.
pennsylvania news, lancaster county news, amber alert, abduction, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 52 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 1 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests