Child robbed at gunpoint in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the two teens who allegedly robbed an 11-year-old child at gunpoint at an apartment complex in Wilmington, Delaware on Saturday.
The incident happened at approximately 1:39 p.m. at the Maryland Park Apartments, located on the 700 block of Robinson Lane.
New Castle County Police responded to the apartments after receiving a report of a robbery.
The 11-year-old victim told arriving officers that he was approached by two young males, one of which was brandishing a weapon. One of the suspects demanded the victim's cellphone and both then fled on foot.
The boy was not injured in the incident.
Both suspects are described as black males, 13-14 years of age, thin build, 100-110 pounds, 5' to 5'5'', with brown eyes.
Police are asking anyone with information in reference to the incident, to please contact the New Castle County Police Department at 395-8110. You can also submit crime tips anonymously by going to www.NCCPD.com and following the link for Tips and Alerts.
wilmington news, delaware news, robbery, local/state
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 40 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 52 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'