Child robbed at gunpoint in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the two teens who allegedly robbed an 11-year-old child at gunpoint at an apartment complex in Wilmington, Delaware on Saturday.
The incident happened at approximately 1:39 p.m. at the Maryland Park Apartments, located on the 700 block of Robinson Lane.
New Castle County Police responded to the apartments after receiving a report of a robbery.
The 11-year-old victim told arriving officers that he was approached by two young males, one of which was brandishing a weapon. One of the suspects demanded the victim's cellphone and both then fled on foot.
The boy was not injured in the incident.
Both suspects are described as black males, 13-14 years of age, thin build, 100-110 pounds, 5' to 5'5'', with brown eyes.
Police are asking anyone with information in reference to the incident, to please contact the New Castle County Police Department at 395-8110. You can also submit crime tips anonymously by going to www.NCCPD.com and following the link for Tips and Alerts.
wilmington news, delaware news, robbery, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 28 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 9 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
9 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
28 min ago