Man arrested for stealing portable generator in Chester Co.
WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - February 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was arrested in West Goshen, Pennsylvania for stealing an emergency portable generator being used to power a traffic light.
James Hutchinson was taken into custody after his truck was seen at a traffic light at Greenhill and Airport Roads Thursday night.
A generator had been locked and installed at the location to power the traffic signal.
According to police, Hutchinson's car door was open when an officer spotted his truck.
They say Hutchinson told the officer that someone stole the generator in a red Ford Explorer.
The officer did not buy the story and pulled over Hutchinson's truck.
The suspect then admitted he stole the generator, police say.
Hutchinson was charged with theft and receiving stolen property.
The generator was recovered and the traffic signal is now functioning properly again.
theft, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 31 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 47 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 52 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 58 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
47 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
9 min ago