Giant sinkhole detours traffic in Tredyffrin Township
TREDYFFRIN TWP., Pa. - February 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Commuters in Tredyffrin Township, Chester County must deal with a detour for the next few days.
Chopper 6 HD flew over a large sinkhole that opened up on Route 23 at Valley Creek Road.
Authorities say a sewer main break opened up the hole.
Crews remain on scene working to repair it.
The township sewer authority expects the closure to last until Tuesday morning.
sinkhole, chester county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 34 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 50 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 55 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
50 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
12 min ago