29 displaced in NE Philadelphia fire
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - February 9, 2014 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled an early morning fire at a Northeast Philadelphia apartment building that displaced 29 people.
The fire was reported around 5:00 a.m. Sunday at a 3-story apartment building located on the 2100 block of Michener Street.
Arriving firefighters were met with heavy smoke as numerous residents evacuated the building.
Crews were able to contain within an hour. It was under control a short time later.
20 residents are being sheltered in a nearby apartment building.
One resident was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
There is no word yet on what sparked the fire.
philadelphia news, northeast philadelphia news, fire, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 21 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?