Del. State Police investigating Rite Aid robbery
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - February 9, 2014 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police troopers are investigating a robbery at a Rite Aid in Newark.
The Delaware State Police says the robbery happened Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at a Rite Aide on Polly Drummond Hill Road. State Police say a man entered the store and approached the cash register with an item to purchase. As the employee began ringing up the item the suspect allegedly reached over the counter, grabbed an undisclosed amount of cash from the register and then fled.
The cashier was not injured during the robbery. Delaware State Police describe the suspect as approximately 6 feet tall. He was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt and a black jacket with black pant.
delaware news, robbery, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 32 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 50 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest