South Jersey teacher sentenced for sex with teen
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - February 10, 2014 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey school teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old student has been sentenced to six years in state prison.
Ocean County prosecutors say 32-year-old Erin Haskell of Barnegat also will be subject to lifetime parole supervision and must register as a sex offender under the sentence imposed Monday. She had pleaded guilty last August to sexual assault.
Haskell was a Spanish teacher with the Toms River Regional school district. She worked at the Intermediate South school in Beachwood, where she also served as faculty adviser to the drama club.
Authorities have said the relationship took place in 2012, between June and September. The sexual activities occurred in both Beachwood and Barnegat.
new jersey news, ocean county news, sex assault, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 16 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 45 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 43 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
14 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos