Suspect sought in TD Bank robbery in Mayfair
MAYFAIR - February 10, 2014 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police and the FBI are searching for the man wanted for robbing a TD Bank branch in the city's Mayfair section.
It happened around 11:15 Monday morning at the branch on the 6600 block of Frankford Avenue.
Investigators say the suspect walked inside and displayed a paper bag, claiming to have an explosive and demanding money.
After receiving an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled on foot. The paper bag was left at the scene and no explosive was ever found.
The suspect is described as a black male in his late 30s to early 40s, approximately 6'2" tall, 230-250 pounds, with a dark complexion and a full beard. He was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, black vest, and dark-colored winter cap.
Authorities say he is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com. Tips can remain anonymous.
philadelphia news, mayfair news, bank robbery, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
26 min ago