2 charged in multiple Center City robberies
CENTER CITY - February 10, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two people have been arrested for stealing more than $21,000 worth of items from multiple cell phone stores in Center City.
24-year-old Zakee Allen was charged with 8 counts of Theft and 2 counts of Robbery.
22-year-old Isiah Allen was charged with 4 counts of Theft.
The first theft occurred on January 10 at the Verizon Wireless store at 17th and Market streets. Surveillance video showed three male suspects targeting high-priced cell phones and tablets which they cut from their fixed displays, and then fled from the store.
Detectives later discovered the suspects fit the description of a robbery which occurred on February 4, inside T-Mobile, located at 2029 S. Broad Street. During this robbery, suspects armed with box-cutters, shoved a pregnant store employee before taking several phones and iPads valued at $2,638.
Last Thursday, at approximately 3:45 p.m., police responded to a "Theft in Progress" at a T-Mobile Store located at 1506 Walnut Street. Responding officers informed police radio and other responding officers that the description of the suspects was similar to that of the suspects involved in the previous thefts. Police surveyed the area and observed the suspects getting into a white Dodge sedan.
The vehicle was stopped on the 1000 block of Filbert Street, at which time both suspects fled from the sedan.
Isiah Allen was stopped a short distance away at 10th and Ludlow streets.
Zakee Allen led police on lengthy foot pursuit, but was finally apprehended at 13th and Market streets.
The suspects were arrested and positively identified as the persons responsible for the robberies.
philadelphia news, center city news, robbery, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry