Center City apartment building evacuated due to carbon monoxide
CENTER CITY - February 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Residents of a Center City apartment building are back in their homes after the building was evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak.
The Philadelphia Fire Department was called around 9:20 p.m. Monday to the 1300 block of Lombard Street.
Firefighters went door to door Monday night on the second through eighth floors of the 19-story Casa Farnese Apartments, a complex for senior citizens.
Approximately 200 residents were evacuated from their apartments. They were taken to the first floor for their safety.
"Firefighters were knocking on the doors of the upper floors. One of the maintenance people made an announcement that everyone was to evacuate to the community room with no particular information," resident Rita Addessa said.
Crews worked overnight to determine the source of the leak. The results of their investigation were not made public.
The all-clear was given early Tuesday morning and all residents were allowed back to their apartments.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia news, center city news, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 53 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 44 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 55 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
48 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
55 min ago