Robbery victim shot 4 times after handing over wallet in Oxford Circle
PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for two armed bandits who robbed and shot a man in the city's Oxford section.
The incident happened around 9:15 p.m. Monday in the 6600 block of Loretto Avenue.
The 28-year-old man was returning home from work when he was attacked by two men.
Authorities say one of the men was armed with a gun when the robbers approached the victim as he was leaving his car.
They forced the victim to lay on the ground and robbed him of his wallet containing credit cards and $500 in cash.
The suspects also stole his house keys and then shot him four times.
He was struck twice in the chest and once in the stomach and groin.
The victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The shooting is under investigation.
robbery, shooting, oxford circle news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 34 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ