Robbery victim shot 4 times after handing over wallet in Oxford Circle
PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for two armed bandits who robbed and shot a man in the city's Oxford section.
The incident happened around 9:15 p.m. Monday in the 6600 block of Loretto Avenue.
The 28-year-old man was returning home from work when he was attacked by two men.
Authorities say one of the men was armed with a gun when the robbers approached the victim as he was leaving his car.
They forced the victim to lay on the ground and robbed him of his wallet containing credit cards and $500 in cash.
The suspects also stole his house keys and then shot him four times.
He was struck twice in the chest and once in the stomach and groin.
The victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The shooting is under investigation.
robbery, shooting, oxford circle news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 56 min ago