School bus crash slows traffic on eastbound Schuylkill Expressway
FAIRMOUNT PARK - February 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- A multi-vehicle accident involving a school bus caused major traffic back-ups on the Schuylkill Expressway Tuesday morning.
It happened at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday on the eastbound side of I-76 just past the Roosevelt Boulevard extension approaching the Montgomery Drive exit.
Action News is told several vehicles were involved. Some minor injuries were reported. No details were available on the number of people injured or where they were taken.
No students were on board the bus when the accident happened.
Images from Sky6 near the scene showed numerous emergency vehicles on the scene and major backups on both sides of the expressway.
Three of four eastbound lanes were blocked for nearly an hour after the accident was first reported, resulting in a miles-long backup on the eastbound side. A significant back-up was reported on the westbound side as well.
The eastbound lanes were finally re-opened by 8:00 a.m., but an extensive backup remained.
pennsylvania news, accident, school bus, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 28 min ago
- Wet to Wintry! 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 3 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 6 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea 37 min ago
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled 42 min ago
- High wings bring damage to Abington Twp. 45 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
28 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
3 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
6 min ago