Amtrak suspends some service ahead of storm
February 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Amtrak announced Tuesday that it will suspend service for the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions due to the impending winter storm.
The Silver Star, Train 91, is canceled today, and the Silver Star, Train 92, will terminate in Jacksonville, Fla.
The following services will be suspended for Wednesday, Feb. 12:
The Silver Service Train 91 and 98
The Palmetto Train 89 and 90
Auto Train 52 and 53
Carolinian 79 and 80
Amtrak says the suspension is designed "to maintain service on most routes while reducing exposure of Amtrak passengers, crews and rail equipment to extreme weather conditions."
For more information visit Amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
amtrak, travel, local/state
- At least 11 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 44 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 21 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death