Big storm has many stocking up, restocking to prepare
BALA CYNWYD, Pa. - February 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- It was a very busy night at supermarkets around the region as people restocked their refrigerators after last week's ice storm - and prepared for the next round.
At the Acme in Bala Cynwyd, empty carts went in and out they came filled to the top with food to get shoppers through the next winter storm.
"It's been very busy," said Sheri Vaughn-Coleman.
Vaughn-Coleman was finishing her shift in the deli and heading home with food for her own family.
"I got pizza, frozen pizza for my children, they like all different kinds," she said.
The Wegman's in King of Prussia was bustling on Tuesday night with shoppers coming in for the basics.
"Got some milk, eggs, the basics," said Shelley Serby.
However some see a winter storm as time for a splurge.
"I am one of those people that shops for the storm like, Okay this is what I would eat if this was my last meal,'" said Nancy Stahl.
Jennifer Carter came for rock salt which is tough to find now at almost any store.
"I called here, they said they had it. I said, 'Save me three bags, I'll be there in 15 minutes,'" said Carter.
Many shoppers restocked their refrigerators which were emptied after last week's ice storm and made preparations for the next round.
"It's overwhelming. It's overwhelming to think that it's going to happen again," said Joyce Pesofki.
Since the snow is coming, Wegman's moved up deliveries to make sure there's enough of everything for everyone.
"We were able to make extra orders today so everything should be in today and tonight and when the storm hits tomorrow," said Kevin Lang, manager.
There may be plenty of food in stock at area stores but rock salt supplies are dwindling so residents are urged to call ahead.
snow, severe weather, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 8 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 33 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 25 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 52 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ