15-year-old girl charged in South Philadelphia stabbing
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a teenage girl has been charged for stabbing a 14-year-old boy in South Philadelphia.
15-year-old Amber Hellesten from the 2000 block of Sigel Street is charged with Attempted Murder after allegedly stabbing the boy in the chest.
It happened around 8:00 Tuesday night on the 2100 block of Watkins Street.
Officers arrived to find the teen victim with a knife wound to the chest. He was rushed to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in critical condition.
Police later apprehended Hellesten in connection to the stabbing. Her relationship with the victim remains unclear.
A weapon has not yet been recovered.
The incident remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, stabbing, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 17 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
15 min ago