Pedestrian hit, pinned under car dies in Camden Co.
MT. EPHRAIM, N.J. - February 12, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a pedestrian has died after being struck and pinned under a vehicle in Mt. Ephraim, New Jersey late Tuesday night.
The accident happened just before 11:30 p.m. on the South Black Horse Pike.
A pedestrian was crossing the road in front of the Boro Hall when he was struck by a car.
Police say the victim became trapped under the vehicle.
They say passersby then grabbed the jack from the trunk and lifted the car so rescue crews could extricate the victim.
He was rushed to Cooper Hospital and pronounced dead a short time later.
The incident remains under investigation.
accident, camden county news, new jersey news, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 12 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 46 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 51 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
57 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
12 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
46 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos