Fire reported in crane at Philadelphia shipyard
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 12, 2014 (WPVI) -- Rescuers are responding to a reported fire inside a crane at a shipyard in South Philadelphia.
The fire was reported around 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at the Naval shipyard at 21st and Constitution Avenue.
The view from Chopper 6 showed firefighters gathered around a large blue crane at the facility.
Officials say a worker was hospitalized after smoke filled the crane. His condition has not been released.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, fire, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 7 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 33 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom