Man gunned down on West Philadelphia street
WEST PHILADELPHIA - February 12, 2014 (WPVI) -- A man was gunned down in West Philadelphia Wednesday morning, and now police are looking for the gunman.
It was around 10:30 a.m. when shots rang out in the area of 55th Street and Westminster Avenue.
The victim, a man in his 30's, was shot in the chest. Paramedics rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
There is no word on a motive at this time.
Witnesses say they saw a tan van fleeing the scene southbound on 55th Street, then eastbound on Penns Grove.
west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, shooting, homicide, murder, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 53 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids