Man gunned down on West Philadelphia street
WEST PHILADELPHIA - February 12, 2014 (WPVI) -- A man was gunned down in West Philadelphia Wednesday morning, and now police are looking for the gunman.
It was around 10:30 a.m. when shots rang out in the area of 55th Street and Westminster Avenue.
The victim, a man in his 30's, was shot in the chest. Paramedics rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
There is no word on a motive at this time.
Witnesses say they saw a tan van fleeing the scene southbound on 55th Street, then eastbound on Penns Grove.
west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, shooting, homicide, murder, local/state
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 18 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 12 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 50 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 41 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 44 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious' 55 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
22 min ago