School District of Philadelphia changes calendar after snow days
PHILADELPHIA - February 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- The School District of Philadelphia announced changes to this year's calendar on Friday to make up for lost days due to this season's wintry weather.
Schools will now be open on April 15, 16, and 17, days originally designated for Spring Recess, school officials said.
The projected last day of school for students at this time is Thursday, June 19.
In the event that schools are closed due to inclement weather or emergency in the coming weeks, District leadership said they will review the calendar and make further updates as needed.
philadelphia news, snow, severe weather, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 41 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 56 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 41 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 18 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 10 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 36 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
56 min ago