School District of Philadelphia changes calendar after snow days
PHILADELPHIA - February 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- The School District of Philadelphia announced changes to this year's calendar on Friday to make up for lost days due to this season's wintry weather.
Schools will now be open on April 15, 16, and 17, days originally designated for Spring Recess, school officials said.
The projected last day of school for students at this time is Thursday, June 19.
In the event that schools are closed due to inclement weather or emergency in the coming weeks, District leadership said they will review the calendar and make further updates as needed.
philadelphia news, snow, severe weather, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 43 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 19 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
43 min ago