Mom, daughter attacked in Frankford
PHILADELPHIA - February 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the attack of a mother and daughter caught on video in Frankford.
It happened on Wednesday near the intersection of Frankford Avenue and Allengrove Street as the pair was trying to walk to their car around 12:00 p.m.
Jennifer Harrilall says a group of teenagers approached and yelled at her daughter. That's when the teens started throwing punches.
Harrilall says she was hit so hard that she doesn't remember much about what happened after that.
"When I saw the video it was very, very disturbing," she said. "It makes me so angry when I look at it and all the pictures. These are supposed to be kids; they are supposed to be kids."
Harrilal suffered broken bones around her eye. Her daughter was not seriously hurt.
So far no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police.
beating, frankford news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 10 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more