Mom, daughter attacked in Frankford
PHILADELPHIA - February 14, 2014 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the attack of a mother and daughter caught on video in Frankford.
It happened on Wednesday near the intersection of Frankford Avenue and Allengrove Street as the pair was trying to walk to their car around 12:00 p.m.
Jennifer Harrilall says a group of teenagers approached and yelled at her daughter. That's when the teens started throwing punches.
Harrilall says she was hit so hard that she doesn't remember much about what happened after that.
"When I saw the video it was very, very disturbing," she said. "It makes me so angry when I look at it and all the pictures. These are supposed to be kids; they are supposed to be kids."
Harrilal suffered broken bones around her eye. Her daughter was not seriously hurt.
So far no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police.
beating, frankford news, philadelphia news, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 25 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 54 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 54 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 16 min ago