Snow footprints lead to arrest of burglary suspects
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - February 15, 2014 (WPVI) -- State police say footprints in the snow led them to two men suspected of stealing cartons of cigarettes from at least three businesses.
Thirty-seven-year-old Brian Matthews and 22-year-old Marquise Thomas were arrested early Friday morning following a burglary at a Shell gas station in New Castle.
Police believe the men broke the glass of the front door and stole several cartons of cigarettes and other tobacco products.
Troopers followed footprints in the snow to a home nearby where the men were interviewed and arrested.
Police say Matthews and Thomas have been linked to four similar burglaries, including two others at the same gas station that occurred over the past two weeks.
Police say the stolen tobacco products are valued at $14,000.
burglary, delaware news, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 34 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 17 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
19 min ago